Introduction to US FCC Certification
The full name of the FCC is the Federal Communications Commission, and the Chinese is the US Federal Communications Commission. Founded by CommunicationACT in 1934, it is an independent agency of the US government and is directly accountable to Congress. The FCC coordinates domestic and international communications by controlling radio, television, telecommunications, satellite and cable. Involved in more than 50 states, Colombia, and the United States, to ensure the safety of radio and wire communication products related to life and property, the FCC's Office of Engineering and Technology is responsible for the technical support of the committee and is responsible for equipment approval. Aspect of affairs.
FCC certification mark
Benefits of FCC certification
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) manages the import and use of radio frequency devices, including computers, fax machines, electronic devices, radio receiving and transmitting equipment, radio remote control toys, telephones, personal computers, and other products that may harm personal safety. These products, if they are intended to be exported to the United States, must be tested and approved by a government-authorized laboratory in accordance with FCC technical standards. Importers and customs agents are required to declare that each radio frequency device complies with the FCC standard, the FCC license. At present, the United States has become China's second largest trading partner for several consecutive years. The trade volume between China and the United States is increasing year by year, so exports to the United States should not be underestimated. The US product technology standards and import regulations are rigorous. Understanding the US market access rules will help China's products further open up to the US market.
FCC certified product range
1. Personal computer and its peripheral equipment (display, printer, keyboard, power adapter, mouse, scanner, interface card, electronic game instrument, power supply, UPS, fax machine, data machine, answering machine, switch ( Servator), etc.)
2. Household appliances, power tools (refrigerators, electric irons, food shredders, electric kettles, electronic disinfection cabinets, microwave ovens, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, electric toys, automatic rice cookers, electric shavers, electric hair clippers, electricity Hair dryers, bread roasters, massage appliances, battery chargers, household electric cookers, electric cooktops, washing machines, induction cookers, electric food processing appliances, small power motors, etc. Electric tools: electric drills, grinders, Circular sawing machine, nail gun, pneumatic drill, etc.)
3. Audio and video products (radio, CRT / LED / LCD TV, set-top box DVD / VCD Player, MP3 Player, home audio, etc.)
4. Luminaires. (LED lamps, LED screens, LED power supply / drive device ballasts, energy-saving lamps, stage lights, dimmers, inverters, stage and other electronic lighting equipment for entertainment venues, AC electronic towns for tubular fluorescent lamps Flowers, tubular fluorescent lamps, ballasts, ballasts for discharge lamps, stationary lamps, portable lamps, recessed lamps, etc.
5. Wireless products (eg Bluetooth Bluetooth, wireless remote control toys, wireless remote control switches, wireless thermometers, wireless mouse and keyboard, wireless monitors & cameras, wireless microphones, FM transmitters and various wireless devices.)
6. Toy products (metal toys, plastic toys, wood, bamboo toys, cloth toys, paper toys and electronic toys)
7. Security products (alarms, security products, access control, monitors & cameras, etc.)
8. Industrial machinery (punching and shearing machinery, woodworking machine tools, packaging machinery, plastic machinery, metal cutting machine tools, food processing machinery, food machinery, printing machinery, die casting machinery, mechanical equipment electrical control systems, amusement facilities, hydraulic machinery, etc.). A self-validating manufacturer or importer ensures that the product is tested as necessary to confirm that the product meets the relevant technical standards and retains the test report. The FCC has the right to request the manufacturer to submit test data for the device sample or product. Devices for self-validation include commercial computers, TV and FM receivers, and industrial, scientific, and medical devices used by non-mass consumers of FCC Rule Part 18.
FCC certification compliance
1. The responsible party of the equipment (generally the manufacturer or importer) tests the product at the FCC's designated conforming inspection agency to ensure that the equipment complies with the relevant technical standards and retains the test report. The FCC has the right to request the responsible party to submit samples of the equipment or Product inspection data. Equipment for compliance statements includes home computers and peripherals, civil broadcast receivers, super regenerative receivers, other receivers of FCC RulePart 15, television interface equipment, cable system terminals and Part 18 mass consumers Industrial research and medical equipment.
2. The responsible party shall have the following mark on the equipment: ID certification The FCC reviews the sample (or photo) and test data submitted by the applicant, and authorizes the device with an FCC ID number if it meets the requirements of the FCC rules. Equipment suitable for certification includes low-voltage transmitters such as cordless phones, remote control for automatic doors, radio remote control toys and security alarm systems, Part 15 deliberately transmitting radio frequency energy devices, Part 18 for mass consumer use, Scientific research and medical equipment, automatic frequency conversion receivers and super regenerative receivers, TV interface equipment, and home computers and their peripherals.
3. The responsible party should have the FCC ID mark on the device: Note: If a device is suitable for two or three approved types, it is selected by the responsible party. Certification Process Compliance Statement The product responsible party (manufacturer or importer) will test the product at the FCC's designated qualified testing organization and make a test report. If the product meets the FCC standard, the product will be labeled accordingly. The user's manual states that the FCC standard is met and the test report is retained for the FCC to request. Apply for an ID First apply for an FRN to fill in other forms. If the applicant is applying for the FCC ID for the first time, they will need to apply for a permanent Grantee Code. While waiting for the FCC to approve the distribution to the applicant Grantee Code, the applicant should take the time to test the equipment. The FCC should have approved the Grantee Code when all FCC required submissions have been prepared and the test report has been completed.
4. The applicant completes FCC Form 731 and Form 159 online using this Code, test report and required materials. After receiving the Form 159 and the remittance, the FCC began accepting applications for certification. The average time for the FCC to accept an ID application is 60 days. At the end of the call, the FCC will send the Original Grant of the FCC ID to the applicant. Once the applicant has obtained the certificate, the product can be sold or exported.
FCC application process
Apply for an FRN first to fill out other forms.
If the applicant is applying for the FCC ID for the first time, they will need to apply for a permanent Grantee Code. While waiting for the FCC to approve the distribution to the applicant Grantee Code, the applicant should take the time to send the equipment to the FCC authorized laboratory for testing. The FCC should have approved the Grantee Code when all FCC required submissions have been prepared and the test report has been completed. The applicant completed the FCC Form 731 and Form 159 online using this Code, test report and required materials. After receiving the Form 159 and the remittance, the FCC began accepting applications for certification. The average time for the FCC to accept an ID application is 60 days. At the end of the call, the FCC will send the Original Grant of the FCC ID to the applicant. Once the applicant has obtained the certificate, the product can be sold or exported.
FCC ID certification application method
There are two general FCC ID certification application methods:
1. Directly send the product to the TCB laboratory in the United States. This method is relatively expensive and time is not well controlled (high cost, not recommended).
2. Send the product to the FCC-accredited laboratory for testing, preparing materials, and completing the report. The test report is sent to the TCB for certification. At present, customers mainly use this method. FCC ID certification can be found online in the United States to identify true and false.
Information to be prepared
(1) FCC ID Label (label)
(2) FCC ID Label Location
(3) User Manual (Application)
(4) Schematic Diagram or manufacturer
(5) Block Diagram (function block diagram)
(6) Theory of Operation
(7) Test Report
(8) External Photos third party
(9) Internal Photos certification body
(10) Test Setup Photos
FCC ID query method
1. FCC ID query URL: Log in to the website http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid.
2. FCC ID query format:
In the “Grantee Code” column on the page, type the first 3 digits or the first 5 digits of the FCC ID number, and then type the remaining digits of the FCC ID number in the “Product Code” field.
If you do not enter the FCC ID number, you can type the name of the application company that exactly matches the report certificate in “Applicant Name”. Click “start search” on the page to start the search, and you can query the application content. (pictured):