E-Mark is also the European Common Market. For motorcycles and their safety parts, noise and exhaust gases, they must comply with the requirements of the European Commission (EEC Directives) and the European Economic Commission (ECE Regulation). A certificate of conformity is granted to ensure the safety of the vehicle and the requirements for environmental protection. E-Mark is assigned a different number depending on the country of certification.

Since October 2002, according to the requirements of EU Directive 72/245/EEC and Amendment Directive 95/54/EC, all automotive electronic products that enter the EU market for sale must pass e-Mark related test certification, labeling. The E mark will be released by the customs of the EU countries and allowed to enter the local market.

About the E mark

The E mark is derived from the regulations issued by the Economic Commission of Europe (ECE). ECE includes 48 countries in Europe. In addition to EU member states, it also includes non-European countries such as Eastern Europe and Southern Europe. The ECE regulations are recommended for all members, not mandatory standards, and member states can apply ECE regulations or extend their national regulations. From the perspective of market demand, ECE members are usually willing to receive test reports and certificates that comply with ECE regulations.

The issuing authority of the E-mark certificate is the government department of the ECE member countries, and the certificates of each country have corresponding numbers:

E2—FranceE17—FinlandE33—E47—South Africa
E3—ItalyE18—DenmarkE34—BulgariaE48—new Zealand
E8—Czech RepublicE23—GreeceE39—AzerbaijanE53—Thailand
E11—United KingdomE27—SlovakiaE42—European CommunityE56—Montenegro

The E mark is a certification mark for motor vehicles, safety parts and systems used by the European Commission in accordance with EU directives. The test organization must be a technical service organization within the member states of the European Union. The issuance authority is the government transportation department of the member states of the European Union. Products that have obtained the E-mark certification will be recognized by all EU member states.

Application request

1. Manufacturers prepare technical materials and samples

2, carry out testing

3, the first application must be factory inspection, the manufacturer that has obtained the ISO9000 and other quality system certificates issued by the EU national certification body does not have to do factory inspection in principle.

4. Test report and technical data submitted by the manufacturer

5, the European national transportation department issued a certificate

6. The issuing authority may conduct regular or irregular tracking of the factory inspection of certified product manufacturers.

Local representative request other

product typeProduction of electronic products
Issuing agencySpanish Transport Authority (E9); Luxembourg (E13)
Certification period3-4week
Testing requirementsMeet the technical requirements of the directive ECE R10.05
Technical Information

User manual, component list, schematic diagram, business license, ISO certificate,

Company registrant on behalf of ID card copy, product information and company information, E-mark marked location,

Power of attorney (disclaimer), difference statement (if needed)

testing sample2 Pcs

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1, what certification does the in-vehicle electronic products need to be exported to the EU?

A: At present, the in-vehicle electronic products exported to the EU are divided into two categories. One is the product related to the driver's safety. These products must meet the requirements of the ECE R10.05, that is, the E-mark is required; the other is Products that do not involve driver safety, such products can be selected as E-mark and CE.

Q2, which category is a product that involves the safety of the driver? Which category is a product that does not involve driver safety?

A: 1) Safety-related electronic vehicle accessories include the following products:

a) Direct control of the vehicle's electronic accessories (eg: electric glass brush, steering wheel)

b) In-vehicle electronic accessories that protect drivers and passengers (eg: airbags)

c) Electronic car accessories that affect the driver's judgment (eg: lights, burglar alarms, speakers, etc.)

d) Accessories that affect the on-board system bus (eg: car control system)

e) tachometer, odometer

2) Products not related to driver safety include the following products: DVD player (car DVD), car charger (car charger), amplifier (amplifier), etc.

Q3, what items do you need to test for in-vehicle products?

A: The items that need to be tested in automotive products are: electromagnetic radiation, transient emission, transient anti-interference, high current injection, and free field radiation tolerance.

Q4, What is the difference between E-mark and CE?

A: E-mark certification must be certified by the Transportation Bureau of the region where the member states of the European Economic Commission (ECE) (currently 48) are located, and the product can enter any member state. CE certification is subject to the EMC Directive 2004/104/EC, and the corresponding certification body must have ISO 17025 accreditation.