The meaning of GS is German <;Geprufte Sicherheit" (safety certified), and also means "Germany Safety". GS certification is a voluntary certification based on the German Product Safety Law and tested according to the European Union Standard EN or the German Industrial Standard DIN. It is a recognized German safety certification mark in the European market.
The GS mark, although not legally mandated, may be more competitive in the market than the average product because the safety awareness has penetrated the average consumer. In the German market, if the goods sold do not meet the GS requirements, it will be difficult to sell in Germany. Although GS is a German standard, most countries in Europe agree that the product will meet the requirements of the EU CE-LVD certification while meeting the GS certification.
GS certification does not consider EMC requirements, EMC directives or standards are not reflected in the GS certificate, but EMF needs to be considered.
GS=Safety + EK Resolution (if applicable) + EMF (if applicable) + PAHs (if applicable) + LFGB (if applicable) + DMF (if applicable) + Factory.
GS certification requirements for products and documents:
1. Label & Manual (English, German)
2. Circuit schematic
3. PAB Layout and silk screen
4. Explosion map and BOM table corresponding to the explosion map
5. List of key components and certificates
6. Specification (transformer, motor, LED)
7. The product is to pass the type test of the European safety standard.
8. The product structure must meet the standard requirements.
GS certification has strict requirements on the factory quality assurance system, and the factory is subject to review and annual inspection:
1. The purpose of the factory inspection is to strictly control the production process of the certified product to ensure that the batch product is exactly the same as the type test sample.
2. The factory inspection is divided into the first factory inspection and the annual factory inspection.
3. Factory inspection mainly includes incoming material inspection, warehouse management inspection, production process inspection and product inspection, maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
4. After the certificate is issued, the factory should be reviewed at least once a year. No matter how many GS marks the factory applies for, the factory inspection of an organization only needs one time.
GS and CE difference